• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Head stone markings ?

Look for the Corner Gas episode titled Pilates for a giggle, you can find it on youtube. Oscar Leroy decides to build his own coffin using his carpentry "skills".

That is an outstanding idea to make little cedar strip canoes as urns. You put a brass plate on it and either release it or place it on a favourite route....you could even blow them up if desired.

....you could even blow them up if desired.
That's something my friends could get behind. Ashes in a tiny wooden replica canoe , class III rapid, stick of dynamite...I hope there is an afterlife if only to see that happen.

Here are two I like.
What do you think?
The first was done by Les Kouba, the second is by Vincent.

Thanks Sweetfancymoses, for the suggestion !

canoe-country-les-kouba-large8257162.jpg

Cannoe+Drawing.jpg

If it were between these two and the guy in our logo, I'd pick the guy on the logo myself.

I think it's a good idea Jim. My work took me to a cemetery today, I looked at a few tombstones and it is pretty common to see that people put what they liked to do in life on their stone. I saw an 18 wheeler, a fishing scene, a bugling elk, a sunset, an airplane, a guitar, cowboy hat and boots, a lot of mountain scenes, and even a bingo card, and that was in only a minute or two.

07D7625A-E7F4-4188-852B-EBEAE629AD2B.jpeg0F7A6468-F44A-4443-8CBB-BAD076F5A97E.jpeg52F3BCCB-F66D-4F7A-A715-A0954EB38B0B.jpeg Finally a moment to jump in. My mother in law is Norwegian and passed in January. She wanted her ashes scattered in front of her old house on Cape Cod and in Norway. So I built two Norwegian Snekke to give her a Viking funeral. I have request for and am working on two more this winter.

Jim

Boatman, those are awesome as a mini flaming lake send off. Could be a business opportunity for paddlers, sailors and other waterman folk.

I also like the idea of the cedar strip coffin, but I think I'd use pine to save money.:D

Ha ! You know you can't money with you ! Just go with Cedar !

I'm Pretty sure I'll be the only stone with a canoe on it ! Mostly Farmers, and Truckers, in the small cemetery where we have a plot.

Finally a moment to jump in. My mother in law is Norwegian and passed in January. She wanted her ashes scattered in front of her old house on Cape Cod and in Norway. So I built two Norwegian Snekke to give her a Viking funeral. I have request for and am working on two more this winter.

Jim

Yup ! That is Far Out ! Love it !

Jim

Thanks Jim. And yes Mike I am considering making a side income of it. My sister in law is my biggest advocate. She is collecting magazines she thinks I should advertise in. Almost everyone would say it’s too beautiful to burn, and does it upset me to spend so much time building it only to turn it into ashes. My reply was it was built to burn and would be disappointed if it didn’t. So that has become the tag line ‘Built to Burn’.
Hope everyone is out enjoying the fall foliage.

Jim

Back