• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Poll: How Old Are You?

Poll: How Old Are You?

• Total voters

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think this has been done here. It's just to get some demographics about who we are. You must vote with honesty, but you don't have to admit to your exact age or anything else in commentary unless you'd like to. However, the youngest and oldest will win a valuable prize . . . respect.

Lol, I'm not quite 50... but well over 40... Feel like I'm over 50 some mornings... But most of the time I feel I'm not even 40 yet...

Lol, I'm not quite 50... but well over 40... Feel like I'm over 50 some mornings... But most of the time I feel I'm not even 40 yet...

Did you vote? We have no 40's yet.

Asking members for exact ages would have allowed computations of average and median ages, but I thought I'd get more responses in an anonymous poll than if I just asked an open-ended age topic question.

I got my click for "50's" in just a couple months under the deadline. ;)

Ouch! It hurts to read that. :eek:

Older than dirt, 64 (see the vid below for a song that elaborates on that number and a time when I never thought I'd reach 64)... pearls of wisdom I've picked up after all these years:

(1) You never learn how to swear really well until you learn how to drive.

(2) In a group situation, always let someone else be the leader. That way, you can blame the leader when things go wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAzaOZfgf0M

I turned 60 this past spring...but I'm only 60 for the first hour of each day. After that I'm still 18, unless I get reminded by a demand for strength or a passing mirror!!

Other than the realities of the calendar, my age varies by activity:

In a canoe, I'm forever 25.
Under a canoe, I'm about 40.
On skis I'm 50 on the way up (AT with skins) but 30 on the way down through untracked woods.
On a bicycle, I'm 50 at the start of the season, 25 by season's end!
On a motorcycle, I'm still 20, but without the immortal misconceptions!
When building a boat...I'm ageless!

Seriously, I've always said most people spend the first half of their lives ignoring their health, and then spend the second half being reminded of it.
I've been active and fit all of my life, but not without consequence. The way I see it, if you're active, you're bound to be injured at some point. Only difference between the young me and the current me is the length of time to recover...oh, and my shrinking biceps!

I respect and admire those that are my elder, whether chronologically or biologically, and hope to remain active and involved for many more years.

70 years old and one of the last citizens left in Never Never Land now that Peter Pan has moved out of the stump.........

Another one checking in from the 60s range; 63 to be exact. So far, so good. Even with a total knee replacement, I'm still going strong (at least I think I am :rolleyes:). In all seriousness, besides all the paddling I do I still cut/split my own wood (we heat with about 10-12 face cord each year depending on the winter), swim at lunch, hike whenever possible and move all those activities into a winter equivalent when the snow flies. All in all, other than my knees, I still feel pretty spry.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I just picked up my senior lifetime hunting license yesterday, was not even aware I was available to receive it. Getting up there. The older I get the more I think about the hereafter .... every room I go into I wonder what the heck am I here after?

Back