• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Dealing Day to Day

Reaction score
Well, I am glad to see from all the posts that everyone here is dealing as best they can with the situation we are in. The Laughter is the Best Medicine thread started by Watersypder says it all. I think builds are going to progress at a faster pace now that many of us are home. I just wanted to chime in to say thanks to all for keeping us going and as upbeat as we can. Stay safe and keep letting us know you are all OK.

dougd

I just wanted to add another thought here that we are a unique group of people who are used to challenges, adverse conditions and yes a bit of hardship but each of us has hacked our way through those times so now is just another challenge. Our community is based on helping each other out even though we are miles,states and countries apart and in my minds eye is what keeps us so rich. Like I said keep reaching out to us all, let us know how you are doing.

Last edited:
Thank you for keeping the site going.

We took a walk in a busier than usual state park today. The governor has waived the entrance fee.
Working on a sliding tray for the wannigan. The glue doesn't want to set up very fast in these temps.

Thanks, Doug. Kathleen and I went to town on Friday afternoon for the first time since the previous Friday. Needed more booze. Also picked up more blood pressure pills. Pharmacy was letting in only one customer at a time. While waiting in line outside I saw Natalie, from the Chinese cafe, wearing a mask, delivering take-out to some people in a truck. We waved to each other. Not a happy wave, but a wave nevertheless.

We had also emailed in an order for groceries at the grocery store.. We were told to drive around to the back, and knock on the door. A few minutes later, Michelle came out with our stuff in plastic bags. We exchanged just a few pleasantries before she went back inside, pulling the door shut behind her. Reminiscent of drug deals. Or so I am told.

We miss going to town for coffee. But it’s going to be a while, I think. At least 2-3 more weeks. But Kathleen and I have a nice place to isolate. Just back from our midday walk with Shadow. He seems happy enough. He has an advantage over me, though. He doesn’t spend all his time reading internet articles about the Coronavirus. It’s enough to bring a guy down.

Wish the water was warmer. Just one wetsuit in the family and taking off to paddle leaving my wife and son (her stepson) home alone just doesn't seem right. Fortunately we're all pretty introverted so being in the same house isn't that big a deal.

One of my kids is working front line in the NYC area along with her husband. The husbands EMS partner developed Covid 2 pneumonia.
Yes I am concerned. A month .. no it will be all summer. The spike will be later in rural areas.

Our town is probably gonna look like an episode of The walking Dead in about 3 weeks. A lot of people very dismissive about the seriousness of the situation, going about business as usual. This time of year is difficult up here, still three feet of ice on the lake, but snow cover impossible to move round on during the day due to temperatures hovering around freezing. Have to get out in the bush early in the morning while everything is still frozen. Ice out is still probably 6 weeks away. Once it goes out, me and the big freighter will be making tracks for parts unknown.

Back