• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

The Fund Raiser is Done!

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I'm calling the fundraiser over. Your generous donations have secured us financially for the next year. I am thinking there will be more donations trickling in as in the past but for now all is good in the cash drawer. I thank you all for making us what we are, perhaps the best canoeing site on the web!

With the help of Mr. McCrea keeping a tally of the raffle I'll be working on that next which I'll get to in the next week or so. Lots of great donations for this year's drawing out of the Almighty Coffee Pot and I want to thank all who stepped up to offer something. If you don't want to be in the raffle please shoot me a PM, I know of two that I've kept in my records that don't want to participate.

So we are good for the next year of sharing our tales (campfire lies), our builds, our adventures, our trials and errors and all that is CanoeTripping! The Otter Award post makes me mention this, a big Thank You to Robin for bringing us from the brink to where we are, like the guy cutting the port so I can walk through without a problem.

dougd

As fund raiser support continues to dribble in towards reaching the yearly goal, the raffle prizes so far:

Boatman53 – Kennebec, a Peterborough, or Wilber Wheelock Canoe drawings.

Dan Cooke/Cooke Custom Sewing – 10 x 12 Sil-nylon Tundra Tarp Paddling Pitt – a copy of Franklin, Oops, Mud & Cupcake: Canoeing the Coppermine, Seal, Anderson & Snowdrift Rivers in Northern Canada

Waterdog – a Purcell Trench grill

Odyssey – Old Town, Chestnut, Mad River or Morris logo tee shirt

McCrea #1, multicolor tarp flag, red roof rack overhang flag, sundry outfitting parts and pieces

McCrea #2, a custom sized camp chair or sleeping pad dry bag

Sweetfancymoses – Yoke Pads

Snapper – Hand carved white cedar spoon

Glenn MacGrady – Amazon Echo Dot

Anonymous Booby Prize – A Participation Award. Everyone’s a winner!

I am looking forward to the (thanks Robin) tradition of a raffle draw video; an event we can all watch and cheer for the winners, brought together as a community.

I would really like to see if Doug can pronounce anonymous more than once.

Thank you Doug.

I just wish that my small annual contribution, could financially match the level of enjoyment and knowledge that I receive from this great site.
The wealth of knowledge and experience gathered within this group never disappoints.
I seldom have anything of value to post, but am here every day reading, and vicariously experiencing gear, boats, and trips.
Thanks to all who post, and especially to Doug, for keeping everything civil and running everyday, for our enjoyment.

Bill

It is always heartening to see how quickly this community pitches in to support our ad-free campfire gathering.

Hopefully this year’s contributions are sufficient to pay the projected hosting fees, updates & IT help with issues (tapatalk, photo posting, etc) for the next year, with a little cushion left over. I expect that resolving last year’s hack of the site was an unanticipated expense.

As above, my thanks to Robin and Doug for keeping this campfire burning. There is no place on-line I’d rather be.

oops, was winter trekking off the Dead Creak Flow that week in NY. Just strted reading from top and donated which is always good, missed on raffles. hmmm, so many activities going on, life is good. good luck to all.

Back