• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Underwear for Support

Reaction score
My Dr. has suggested I get supportive undies to relieve pain and to counter a small hernia situation. I like the material of my breathable boxer briefs, but they do nothing to give the boys a home. Any recommendations for this fundamental piece of tripping wardrobe?

Last edited:
What? Someone else brought up the topic of stink and aging male anatomy in a very descriptive, yet humorous manner on another thread. This is not an x-rated topic, but an important medical one. Skip it if you're offended.

Last edited:
gee Google gave me some dozen items on Amazon
I don't need them.
Bloomingdales has some for $55 ... a pair.

There are also supports that you can wear over boxers negating the need to buy multiple pairs.

So I am in the whatever category..carry on

I've tried several models through Google searches and Goodwill has benefitted. It's been an expensive and disappointing exercise. If they support, they don't breath, and vice versa. Asian sizing does not work for me. The latest option is the ExOfficio brief, which works on all fronts except cup size. Also, I find that boxer briefs work better to avoid chaffing. I rode some rough stock in my youth and have some scaring that takes up extra room. Also, breathable fabrics tend to stretch out and lose support. I guess you guys aren't so afflicted. Lucky you.

Dr. recommended an athletic supporter over underwear, but that is way uncomfortable. Duluth Trading has a new breathable design that seems to have a seam sewn in for support, but look small in the "bullpen" in the site photos. I may try one pair to see how they work. The buck naked model is nice fabric but absolutely no support. I have like a dozen of those in a box somewhere.

Last edited:
Ordered a pair of Saxx to see how the perform. They look like just the ticket for gym or tripping. Also got a Duluth trading "bullpen" model, but the sizing is weird in hips. May have to try them after losing a few lbs.

Hope they do the trick. That constant dull ache and sharp pangs about ruined my last trip. Thanks.

UPDATE: PAIN! Saxx Fit too relaxed. Very little support from material despite ballpark baffles. Back to the drawing board. Yeouch.

Last edited:
Any chance of changing the title on this one? Suddenly I can't view the forum during my coffee break at work. I think the security software picks up on these like this.

Cheers.

Fitz

Any chance of changing the title on this one? Suddenly I can't view the forum during my coffee break at work. I think the security software picks up on these like this.

Cheers.

Fitz

Done.

The Sax ballpark feature is just what the doctor ordered. The inner baffles keep stress at a minimum. Wore them at the gym and the normal twinges were relieved. Haven't had to wear them wet, but the material seems top notch. Thanks for the tip RyanR, it should make my next solo trip less worrisome and enjoyable.

Back