No announcement yet.

tandem stability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would actually like to change what I said. You should just go and ENJOY what happens. Tell us all about it when you return. When do you plan this canoe trip?

Comment

The trip was cut short a day, which sucked... but the stability was absolutely fine. I was nervous and would never pack that much crap going solo. But I brought a lady with me and she brought everything including the kitchen sink. Gear was stacked all over that canoe. I didn't like it and wouldn't do it again, but it worked just fine. I did feel like it tracks better for me paddling from the stern than amidships.

Comment

Originally posted by Chansta View Post
        I did feel like it tracks better for me paddling from the stern than amidships.
        This has always been my experience.

Comment

Why was your trip cut short by a day, Chansta?

Comment

Originally posted by Midwest Firecraft View Post
            This has always been my experience.
            Yeah. Even kneeling. Have you tried it from the bow to get more centered?

Comment

Originally posted by PaddlingPitt View Post
              Why was your trip cut short by a day, Chansta?
              Unfortunately, my friend got a text message from her friend. Her car had broken down and she needed help. I had just cut down a decent oak and placed it on the fire. Moments away from sleep, she comes to the tent and asks "are you asleep?" We had to pack up pretty quickly.

Comment

Very disappointing, Chansta!!

Comment

Very disappointing, Chansta!!
                  All in how you look at it. I got to put a canoe on the car, paddle around when nobody was there. We had the entire island to ourselves. Beautiful fire, deep sleep, great conversation, lots of laughter, and lounging in the hammock. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Comment

Fantastic, Chansta! Couldn't be better!!

Comment

Fantastic, Chansta! Couldn't be better!!
                      Yep. These are the days and nights I live for. And I forgot how much I missed this canoe after paddling my solo!

Comment

Originally posted by Chansta View Post

Yeah. Even kneeling. Have you tried it from the bow to get more centered?
                        Yes, not to be centered, but to balance the canoe out. If the canoe is symmetrical like a prospector it works perfectly. If it asymmetrical like my Morningstar, I move the stern seat forward to the bow distance from the center thwart if used solo only, if tandem just you the bow seat.

Comment

Working...
                        X