• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Personal hygiene on extended trips (The Deodorant Debate)

Personal hygiene on extended trips (The Deodorant Debate)

• Total voters
Bob is right. For hunting you do not want to smell like a rank human. For archery and muzzleloader hunting especially, you have to get closer.

I remember running into a mule deer doe and a fawn in Wyoming coming around a corner in a coulee. I was working on a huge ranch with locked gates. I was only about 20 yards from the deer and remained motionless. They could smell me easily because I had been out around 5 days staying in a trailer with no place to shower. They could also smell the orange I was eating. We played cat and mouse for about 10 minutes before they slowly walked off.

I may be reducing soap and deodorant but I am definitely not taking any fewer showers. Ha ha. And there's no replacement for those products when you really need them. As per canoe trips we take along soap. As always water helps. That's never in short supply but a dip in the lake/river although needed can be an unpleasantly exhilarating experience but always worth it.

Last edited:
Back