• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Personal hygiene on extended trips (The Deodorant Debate)

Personal hygiene on extended trips (The Deodorant Debate)

• Total voters
I keep a 35mm film can with baking soda to brush teeth and scour a pan.
“Crazy” Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint liquid soap will clean you and help keep bugs away. Gotta clean the undercarriage, folks!
A small piece of Dial is with the cook gear to wash hands first.
For me, wet wipes replaced TP long ago.

i wash hands thoroughly before making dinner, then clean the dishes, any clothes that need it, then myself before going to bed in different clothes, usually. I have a set of sleep clothes and trek clothes.

Baking soda for the pits, when I can't stand them anymore.

Vegetarians have less problems with smelling than meat eaters. Meat eaters when dead smell worse than dead vegetarians, according to a forensic lab worker, I once met. ?? ?

Jim

"35mm film can"? You must hang onto stuff a long time where do you find those nowadays?

I guess we'll just have use Kush Bottles now.

That's true. Flies and mosquitoes never bother me anymore. Instead I'm followed around by swarms of butterflies.

Alan

Just don't start signing "Tip Toe Through the Tulips " on us ! Ha !

I've been told Indians would refrain from eating meat before a hunt, so the animals wouldn't smell them. But then they were probably out of meat, thus the reason to hunt ? Ha !

At the old Sausage plant. One guy, who worked in our department, liked to drink Pabst Blue Ribbon beer in the off hours. Every time he'd pass gas in the room. Everybody knew what he had been drinking the night before ! I kid you not ! It was disgusting !

Yeah, you smell like what you have been eating and drinking !

Jim

At work one day I tooted a little. A co-worker pretended not to hear but a minute later he said, "You had KFC last night didn't you?" which I had. I have to agree with you Jim!

Lightweight, black merino wool underwear is great. Doesn't get funky.

The no-rinse shampoos and body washes also have a place in my kit.

How you smell only matters if you are on a group trip. But keeping rashes/chafing away and feeling comfortable is important on any trip, in my opinion.

Lightweight, black merino wool underwear is great. Doesn't get funky.

I have a Stanfield's merino wool top that is gold. On a particularly hard push of portaging, my nephew and I stopped for a break. "Dude - you're smoking!" The moisture was evaporating in the early morning sun. We had a good laugh.

Sweeper can clean his junk with his dirty underwear if he wants to but, I don't think flossing with dirty underwear is what most of us are going to do. I for one will just strip down, wade out up to my knees and rinse out my wool Smartwool boxer briefs and splash some H2O on my fast shrinking junk. A couple of handfuls of fresh birch leaves crushed and rubbed in pits and groin can't hurt either.

O boy, just woke up with a bit of a hangover, my head hurts when I laugh, so its pretty sore right now. You guys are hilarious.
one man's junk maybe another man's treasure
That one really set me off. Got to take a tylenol now.

just checked out Brad's underwear link, I think me might have a solution for sweeper's pinched junk.
v62XrR1.jpg

just checked out Brad's underwear link, I think me might have a solution for sweeper's pinched junk.
v62XrR1.jpg

Brad may know - Is that pouch at the bottom of the loin cloth thong designed to hold what I think?

Should I measure that inseam before ordering? What about when it gets cold?

Back