• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

A test on posting a picture

Reaction score
I wanted to see if i could post a picture, so this is just a test.
It looks like it worked, so now I'll have My IT expert, (my wife ) write down the instructions

This is one of the many mangrove trails we paddle here in the Florida Keys. Believe it or not the other day we were going through one (on our paddle boards) this width and about a tenth of a mile long, and I had a Nurse Shark a couple of feet in front oftme the whole way. On another occasion we came up on a Green Sea turtle, and yesterday we counted five star fish going through another tunnel.

Life is good !

Thanks Jim, your replied while I was editing this

Attachments

• photo13371.jpg
    photo13371.jpg
    666.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
On a paddle board how do you avoid getting hung? Paddling the tunnels off Halfway Creek even sitting in a pack canoe I had several opportunities to get choked and strangled!

You can insert pictures directly into the body of your text. For pictures that are already on some internet site, the simplest two-step way (at least on a Windows computer) is, first, to right click on the image and from the displayed menu select "copy image". The next step is to just paste the picture into the text box here that you're typing in. I'll do this now with Jack's mangrove tunnel.

fetch

Posting inline pictures allows you to continue text after the picture and to tell a multi-pictorial story.

On a paddle board how do you avoid getting hung? Paddling the tunnels off Halfway Creek even sitting in a pack canoe I had several opportunities to get choked and strangled!

We can and do stand, sit or lay down. Half way creek would be no problem, except after a hurricane where one year in our kayaks we had to do a lot of bush-whacking and finally turn back.

There is one tunnel we go through where at the entrance/exit there is a branch across that is just a few inches above the water where I lay on my back and have to push it up to get under. We like to keep it that way to keep it hidden from the rental "gunnel bangers" and their loud bongo music.

My wife and I love canoeing, kayaking and paddleboarding, but the best way to explore the mangroves and their crystal clear water is on a paddleboard .
We have one tunnel that leads to a beautiful sandy bottom wading pool in the wilderness with a tunnel coming in and and another at the other end allowing the tide to come through like a jacuzzi where most days we get off the boards, hang out and feed the fish who now come to us we have been doing it so long, (parrot fish, snappers, sargent majors and various multicolor reef fish)

In some of them where no one has ever been, I keep looking for that pirates chest of gold, but so far have just found mangrove tree crabs!

Back