• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Extending Page Views

Reaction score
Hello All, After the Posting Pictures thread I contacted the IT guy. In VBulletin as Recped kindly posted a link to VBulletin, the software backbone for the site, has a default setting of 20 pages before it scrolls off and if set to 0 sets to keep going if you follow me. He made some changes tonight and now if you click on the Topic, not a thread, ie: General Discussion and scroll to the bottom they have all been extended although they all vary in numbers. What I don't know as his reply to me was "Done you now see all topic page links" is if future posts will stay vs scroll off but as I understand it they will stay around.

Please take a moment to look as I think this change brought back many old threads but what I have to confirm is that continued posts will not scroll off as you may notice each topic shows a different number which I believe corresponds to the amount of posts on that topic. If you have questions I may have an answer or I may have find the answer. For me as Admin this is a learning curve daily so it is baby steps, it's all about figuring out one step at time to keep going on in a better way on our site.

dougd

Glad it's working Michael. I'm still on the back end so will have to look later but a quick update from the email I just got from the IT guy for all to know:

"If something is on page 29 today in 6 months as it grows it will be page 48."

I hope I'm not cursing myself but this should be the answer to this problem.

dougd
cleardot.gif

Great work Doug ! I appreciate it !

You do far better than I could for sure !

I was afraid I would have to resort to my nefarious ways !

​​​​​​​ Jim

Just had a look, four of my school reports are on page 27, lol. Does that mean that they weren't visible before? If so, thanks Doug!

Just read yellowcanoe’s TR for her 2012 Teslin/Yukon River trip on page 27. Thanks for making these “historic” TRs available, Doug!

i had read on this site that people had endured unhappy problems with PhotoBucket. That seems to be the case, as yellowcanoe’s images from PB were all blurry. Too bad.

i had read on this site that people had endured unhappy problems with PhotoBucket. That seems to be the case, as yellowcanoe’s images from PB were all blurry. Too bad.

The PhotoBucket blurry thing is fairly recent. For a while old PhotoBucket shots were simply un-see-able, and then for a while they had a PhotoBucket stamp over the image. Now they are blurry.

Somewhere in the various Photo Posting threads a CT contributor had mentioned having received a $20 offer from PhotoBucket to allow their photos to be visible. That is better than the $400 a year ransom they initially offered, and might be worth it, especially now that old trip reports with PhotoBucket shots are (blurrily photo) visible.

But after all those shenanigans I have no faith in PhotoBucket.

Thanks Doug! I only joined in the last couple of years and never got to read many of these older posts when they were new. Having a blast skimming through them and reading those that catch my eye.

My Photo bucket costs about $30 a year. Maybe why I have had so much trouble ?

I signed on for free like everyone else, in the beginning ( Sucker!), and then was hit with a $10 offer. I took it, and a year later it went to $30.

I think it has been at $30 for a couple of years.

Jim

Back