Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Georgia or South Carolina in mid November?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all the suggestions and information. I am going to start with several days of base camping at Poinsett stste park in SC. This will give me several days in Sparkleberry swamp, put me in easy proximity to the Congaree NP, and let me get some sailing on Lake Marion out of Rimini or the Santee SP.

Mike, I am intrigued by a number of your suggestions for NC around the Pocasin lakes, just not so sure about doing it in deer rifle season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gdwelker View Post
      Poinsett stste park in SC.
      If you're into hiking at all, the Palmetto trail heading north from there is worth your time. Molly's Bluff was one of my favorite places back when I lived nearby, and the railroad berm across the Wateree swamp was always interesting as well.

https://palmettoconservation.org/pas...teree-passage/

Comment

I suggest the Okefenokee or Suwannee River. Google them and you will find all about canoeing trails. The Suwannee River wilderness trail is great and it is in north Florida. Not Georgia but just south of Georiga. You will find all the information you need. We have crossed the Okefenokee several times and love it but it is probably too low now. We have canoed the Suwannee from the Okefenokee Swamp to Suwannee River State Park. You would like the trip. We have done this trip several times. Outfitters at White Springs or at Spiirt if the Suwannee Park. You can camp on sand bars or use the free river camps.

Comment

This thread has been working on me since it was started a month ago. We're ready to leave Ontario a few days from now, but the weather forecast in the Carolinas isn't looking that much better than here. We might just keep driving south till we find warmth. Anyway, thanks especially to Mike M. for all the ideas which have helped light a fire under me.

Comment

Working...
          X