• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Another New Satellite Messenger/SOS Device: Zoleo

Reaction score
Zoleo, a new 2 way satellite messenger and SOS device, just launched. https://www.zoleo.com/en-us/

In a nutshell, it uses Iridium satellite network. Device itself only has on-board SOS button and check in button; otherwise you must pair Zoleo with a smart phone or tablet to send receive messages. There is no display/screen. Can get DarkSky weather reports. 200 hour internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery. No navigation or tracking (although check-ins can be configured to send your GPS coordinates). Price point of $199 for the device is enticing. Plans start at $20/month and seem cheap but can only put a plan to "sleep" after initial 3 month commitment.

Another option along with Inreach, SpotX, Somewhere, Bivvystick. The more the merrier.

Cheaper than the Solar Flare I was looking at this weekend and it had no SOS button so everything had to be via your phone, I thought that could be a real problem. Last thing I would want to be fussing with in an emergency is my phone.

I'm sMart Phoneless for several reasons and I wouldn't take one to the woods that's why I go to the woods, to get away from them

Let's hear some reviews and not just justifications why you don't want to carry one. I missed a funeral because I did not know. It sucks when someone dies at home and you are out gallivanting. Been there and never want to again.

What did we do in the 60s-2000'nies?
We went to the woods, the people at home worried about us and we missed things. Life happens and if you go to the woods you miss things. I can live with that and I hate sMart Phones. I'm not going to take a phone to the woods just in case someone dies.

Last edited:
Back