• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Killer price on NRS 1.5" straps

Reaction score
Well, I suspect that pretty much all of us are into our winter gear maintenance and changes/upgrades. I strongly prefer strap over ropes to tie canoes to my roof rack and have to use straps on my Oak Orchard J-cradles. My old straps were getting dry and I needed to change them out before a canoe or 18' sea kayak became a missile on some interstate.

I also prefer wider straps. My old NRS straps have served me well since around 2003 so I looked there first and lo and behold... Their 1.5" straps are on a killer sale.

https://www.nrs.com/category/3374/sale/straps-accessories

Best regards to all,

Lance

Thanks for posting. Those are my favorite straps by far and mine are frayed from years of use and overdue for replacement.

At a canoe race that was held after the Adirondack 90 miler, the race director (Brian Mcdonnell) was giving away for free pairs of NRS brand straps with "Adirondack 90 miler" printed on them. They had been for sale at the 90. Brian obviously had plenty of extras.

Thanks for posting! That is a great deal, I spent too much but hey, I got free shipping.

I purchased 2 sets. I've been waiting for good quality padded straps. These are it ! Thanks Lance for the heads up !!

Jim

I got to thinking about it and over the years we have spent a fair bit of money with NRS. Five or six Bill's dry bag/portage packs, wetsuits and PFDs for the family, kayak deck bags, bilge pumps and paddle floats for the sea kayaks...and straps....lots of straps.

And every bit of it is still going strong and holding up just fine after all the abuse we, our six kids-five of them boys and their scout troop could dish out. The kids' wetsuits and PFDs that got outgrown got passed on and pretty much all the rest we still have. I think the straps are the first NRS product in the 19-20 years I've done business with them that I've ever worn out of otherwise had to replace (other than me outgrowing my old Hydroskin wetsuit....). They make darn good stuff.

Best regards to all,

Lance

Well Lance you're OK for a kayaker. Santa ordered two new sets of NRS straps for me...15 footers for my solo canoes and 20 footers for tandems and back-up. I also like the NRS fingerless gloves quite a bit (I wear fingerless gloves even in summer). I have to agree that the quality and durability of their gear seems very good based on my experience.

Back