• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

1980s (?) Mirro Steel/Copper Cookware

Reaction score
My sister in law was cleaning out her closet and found this Mirro set. She can't remember but thinks she got it in the 80s. It looks like new.

I did a little research and found that Mirro is out of business but was most famous for its aluminum cookware. This isn't aluminum. Its stainless steel with copper on the outside of the bottoms. I couldn't find any info on a Mirro set like this but the cups have Mirro stamped on the bottom and the bag says Mirro so I guess this is something they sold.

I also see a knock off set I currently offered on amazon by Stansport. https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-1-Person-Stainless-Steel-Cook/dp/B003IUJT2E Assuming it is the same, it's a 1 quart pot with lid, a 3/4 quart pot with lid, a 5.5 inch pan, and two plastic 8 oz cups.

Anyone have any experience with this Mirro set? It looks like it would be ok for one person.

Al

fullsizeoutput_f8d.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f8c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_f8c.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 0
  • fullsizeoutput_f8f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_f8f.jpeg
    477.5 KB · Views: 0
I had a set like that made or labeled Peak 1 I think it was Colman highend stuff!!

I didn’t have any Mirro cookware, but the first canteens I ever bought that were not GI surplus were Mirro’s. They were tall translucent white plastic hexagons with a wide mouth and fit perfectly in a side pocket of my old Jansport backpack.

Bought in the early 70’s they lasted an incredible 30+ years, and I may still have one of them somewhere. I know I still have the old Jansport pack.

I have an apparently identical set branded Texsport. I bought them sometime in the 90's, and I've been surprised at how well they've held up. The copper has mostly returned to the earth, but otherwise the handles/pots/lids are all in great shape. I found the cups too small to be useful and chucked them. The pots are a nice size and nest prefectly, and (without the cups) there is room inside the smallest one for a roll of duct tape and matches/knickknacks/etc.

Back