located on Fredericton New Brunswick

Attachments

• photo12192.jpg
    photo12192.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Seriously?
$ 2500 for the pair? Not each?

Jeez that's 5 provinces to the east and I'd need to convince my wife we need another 2 Chestnuts but that is a great price for Chestnut Prospectors in usable shape....

Bruce

Wow that is as far as it can be from me(Yukon) but I have friends in Fredericton..... Is it really $2500 for the pair, like 1250 each.... cause I'll take them if it is....

Are they yours Jamie?
Any chance of more pictures?

As noted earlier I don't think I can convince my wife we need another 2 Chestnuts but I may know a guy...and i have a few colleagues in NB....

Cheers!
Bruce

They are both my canoes. Should be able to see more pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126106401@N08/albums/72157710560925866

Both canoes were stored indoors most of their life, no rot, no cracked ribs. Canvas is original, the 17' was stored in the rafters of a dry cottage. The paint dried and cracked which is quite common on older canoes.... was sanded filled and repainted but certainly not perfect. Canvas on the 16 is in better shape but again its original and not perfect.

I just sent a message to a friend of mine that might be able to help me bring them over....

Great looking boats, Jamie.
I've done the same canvas repair on my Bobs and Langford to try to stretch another couple of years out of the original canvas.

Much as I'd like to add to my fleet of Chestnuts, it isn't going to happen right now.
Unless I find a Chum at a good price...

(This is my !6' Prospector)
Bruce
Prospector.jpg

Back