• Happy Tear the Tags Off the Mattress Day! 🛏️✂️🏷️🚔🚨👮

2005 Mad River Freedom 17 for sale

G

I do not like selling canoes, and before I put this rack queen up on the local paddling club boards or Craigslist maybe someone here needs a big volume tandem gear hauler.

The Freedom 17 is the same canoe as the Revelation 17, the name it carried from 1992 to 2004. Scroll down to Freedom 17 in the archived catalog for the specs.

https://www.madrivercanoe.com/us/sites/default/files/2006 Mad River Catalog.pdf

This one has an additional thwart behind the bow seat, I do not remember if it came that way or I added it. The hull bottom is in very good condition, just beginning to show some stem scratches and has not yet needing skid plates installed.

P4060734 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

It is a voluminous RX canoe. 17 feet long, 36 inches wide at the midships sheerline, 34 at the waterline and 15 inches deep. This one has IQ II gunwales, which are as structurally stiff and complex cross sectioned stout a gunwale system as conceivable.

I weighed Freedom 17 on the hanging scale. Dead on 80 lbs floating midair, balanced on a cam strap at the yoke location.

P4060711 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

Minimal McCrea outfitting excess, although it does have minicel knee bumpers below the inwales at both seats, a Wenonah adjustable foot brace in the stern and webbing loop tie downs at the ends of most machine screws.

P4060713 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

P4060718 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

And, ya know, thwart bungees, deck bungees for painter lines and four Drings, two small ones towards the stems, two large ones in the middle. And attachments points for Surf to Summit back bands at each seat.

P4060717 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

P4060719 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

P4060723 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

For a Canoe Tripping user I will throw in a few extras. A side motor mount, the canoe was motor registered in Maryland in 2016 and has the necessary paperwork to reregister elsewhere.

P4060725 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

And a Canoe Tripper bonus offer, a zippered IQ system tandem belly cover with arched stays, properly sized to fit that hull.

P4060728 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

The zip open feature is really nice for accessing packs and gear. Just unzip it to load or unload and zip it back up.

P4060730 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

1000 bucks for the whole kit and caboodle to someone here who will use it.

Sweetening the RX tandem deal, another Canoe Tripping, and soon local canoe club, accessory bonus.

I will throw in an IQ system waterproof zippered inwale storage bag. That was a well designed waterproof storage accessory, especially for use in a tandem. Stout dry suit zipper for holding electronica, camera or sundry bowman necessities.

P4060732 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

BTW, all of the IQ accessories slide into inwale or outwale channels via a simple bolt rope sewn into a webbing sleeve. Easily DIYable with the right materials.

http://www.canoetripping.net/forums...o-diy-accessories-for-the-mad-river-iq-system

Back