• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

FS Sawyer Autumn Mist

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]1993 built Goldenglass hull in ivory. Rescued from an unappreciative college student and lovingly repaired and buffed to a brilliant shine. I have the original Lexan seat or a softer poly seat if you prefer. This is a minimally rockered, high volume boat for a 200# passenger and gear for a week or two or a weekend boat for a larger paddler. Its bow flare knocks waves aside in windy conditions. Sliding seat for trim is height adjustable. Great boat for sit-and-switch paddlers with a good bentshaft paddle. I found fishing out of this boat to be exceptional. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Asking price: $800 OBO[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Location: Southeast Wisconsin and travel to Duluth, MN on occasion. [/FONT]

If it matters to anyone and will help the sale of this wonderful craft...I weigh in at 210 pounds and am only 5'8" so I'm a bit of a fireplug. I purchased my Autumn Mist back in the 1980s and it's still going strong. I've used it in some particularly windy conditions on Lows Lake and it has handled flawlessly, allowing for a dry ride when fully loaded with gear. It's a great hull for trips and to fish out of. I can't recommend this canoe highly enough for anyone who fits into the size range of paddler this canoe was built for. You won't be sorry if you add this to your fleet.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

One of the rare big-guy solos of the era, and still a great design for a 200+ lb paddler who doesn’t need or want 16 feet of hull to manage.

Unlike one of the review comments I thought it had decent primary stability, and was sea kindly in wave and chop. FWIW the Autumn Mist was amenable to – gasp – double blading into the wind.

The Autumn Mist was one of the few canoes that the third iteration of Sawyer chose to reproduce. That alone is a testament.

Memories.....good to see Uncle Harry again. Those are all still some sweet paddling hulls. Remember him saying if he won a million dollars he would build canoes until it was all gone....canoe building not being known as a hugely profitable enterprise ;-)

Back