• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

13' 6" Fiberglass canoe/cherry trim

Reaction score
Old Canadian chopper gun fiberglass canoe, narrow with a keel cherry trim and cherry/cane sets. Nice canoe for kids or adult solo or even an experienced adult/child.
Don't believe everything you have read about chopper gun canoes. I have duck hunted/,goose hunted with a ton of decoys, tripped with gear and fished big water with this canoe for a long time. Made in Canada. weighs in the mid 58 lbs, made in the early 60's

$375

My twin 8 yo boys, 1986, Cedar River, NY ADK's

Last edited:
Robin - Any idea of the weight?

snapper

I just weighed it, 58lbs...probably too heavy. I posted some new pics.

I have a Kevlar (repaired hull) Winooski on the rack but it will be a while, maybe May before it's done. Kevlar is a bit more expensive.

Robin -

Certainly understand the added expense for Kevlar. I'll think it over. This would probably be a good canoe to get a 9 & 7 year old started with. I'm sure they'd be careful but if something went truly wrong, it would probably better that it happen to a chopper gun craft than a Mad River (LOL).

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Robin - Sometimes I sleep at the switch a bit too long but if this canoe is still available, I'll take it! The more I thought about it, the more I think this would be a perfect canoe to start my two older grandsons. We're not going to paddle anything but lakes and easy flowing streams so it should be perfect.

Let me know how you want to go about handling this transaction and we can go from there. Thanks!

Until next time...be well.

snapper

PS - I'm going to send this to you via a PM as well since I don't know how often you might check this thread.

I just weighed it, 58lbs...probably too heavy. I posted some new pics.

I have a Kevlar (repaired hull) Winooski on the rack but it will be a while, maybe May before it's done. Kevlar is a bit more expensive.

Robin,
How much Kevlar do you need?
I have scrap's of various sizes and shapes laying around.
Greg

Thanks Greg but the canoe has been patched I just need to make and install new gunnels and seats/thwarts/paint.

The W/C gods are looking down in disapproval....lol.

I'm not a W/C purist, though wish I were. I completely understand those who start out wanting a one and only, and wake up one morning to three, not counting that one in the shop and another still racked on the car. If, if, if...so all I'll do is sigh every time I see one under restoration here in a thread, while M rolls her eyes and mutters "...build us a garage first..."
The (unpure?) other canoes Robin restores look nice too. Good to see them rescued and reborn, reused and re-loved.

Back