• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Slipstream Birchbark Solo Canoe

G

13' Slipstream "Batula" faux birchbark solo. Best looking fake birchbark I have seen. Carbon/Kevlar layup--20#. Spruce gunnels. has solo cane seat, but I have the original kneeling thwart. A surprisingly good paddling canoe. I just use it very little .Fine shape. Over $2,000 new asking $1400.

Attachments

• photo13393.jpg
    photo13393.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo13394.jpg
    photo13394.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo13395.jpg
    photo13395.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo13396.jpg
    photo13396.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 1
Turtle - I'm definitely interested in your canoe. Unfortunately, I ordered one this fall for a spring delivery. Since your boat is set up as I'm looking to purchase, if I can cancel the order I'll definitely take yours. I've already contacted the dealer. As soon as I hear from him, I'll let you know.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I have seen Turtles canoe up close and agree that it's the best fake birch look I've ever seen! Good luck selling it.

Dang, I should have listed it sooner. Snapper, I'm sure you will like your boat. As I said-it is a nice paddling craft for having an non high tec looking hull. It's my wife's favorite paddling canoe so I wouldn't be too sad to keep it. The birchbark look is applied by hand by Stan at Slipstream's wife. She has a big piece of real birchbark on the wall and copies it. I get compliments at the living history events I take it to.

Turtle - That's what I'm intending this canoe for; my living history events. Now that I do a trader persona, many of the places I go to would have been reached via canoe; or at least via a small craft from a larger boat just off shore. This will become part of my display. Plus it will give me something to play around in when the public is gone (LOL).

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Back