• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Not my stuff but good stuff at a good price!

I have rebuilt two of those Tremblays and got the chance to paddle one often this summer. They are a very nice paddling canoe. A bit heavy with all the mahogany but for a cottage boat they are reallly nice.

I have the same model Tremblay in its original verolite skin. The "Sioux": marketed in the 70's as a 14-footer, but is a few inches shorter than 14' stem-to-stem. A lovely boat to look at and to paddle. Wooden canoe collectors disdainful of the Tremblays often mention dry rot under the decks and gunnels caused by moisture trapped by the verolite skin. Some say "low quality wood". Maybe. But then were birchbark canoes made of the highest quality cedar or did their makers use whatever was close at hand, i.e. economical? I like mine a lot and would be hard pressed to part with her at least while she's still in pristine condition. The one pictured in this thread looks pretty danged good to me! And for $500 CAN?? Maybe it would sell faster if the seller jacked up the price or coated her in red plastic...

That is a good price! I have a tremblay. when I took the verolite off, the wood under it was indeed very rough. they had only sanded the inside of the planks, probably because the verite was so thick it didnt show. However, I sanded it down, covered the hull in wide masking tape then put 10 ounce fiberglass on it. Still going strong!

Back